Saturday, April 05, 2008

SP-B: "Let's be friends, guys"

I couldn't agree more.

At a time of high tensions that continue between Washington, D.C., and Moscow, I'm happy to see that our "two leaders' personal chemistry" is invoked to help repair damaged ties:
Bush had said he was looking forward to a last "heart-to-heart" with the Russian leader before he leaves the Kremlin next month, and the two men hugged as they greeted each other outside Putin's holiday villa in the resort of Sochi.

The U.S. leader will hope to capitalize on a less strident tone struck by Putin at a NATO summit in Bucharest earlier this week, where Putin attacked Western military expansion near Russia's borders but also implored: "Let's be friends, guys."

Awww.

As a sign of my own good faith, I'll also try to do my part to further Russo-American goodwill during my stay.

...Assuming they let me in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home