Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Co-Dependent

At the end of the day, regardless of what you may have thought about the need to invade Iraq back in 2003, we find ourselves at a point where we need to question why we're still there.

One (perpetually wrong) answer -- that we need to "fight them over there, so we don't fight them over here" -- is so ludicrous as to be laughable, if only so many lives and our own nation's security weren't at stake.

Another (more correct) answer is that the Bush Administration needs to keep fighting to maintain its viability and its raison d'ĂȘtre...oddly similar to another extremist entity: Al Qaeda.

In other words, these two need each other to get by; not unlike a pair of co-dependent lovers who constantly nag and fight, but ultimately don't have the balls to break it off.

I think these two need counseling.

3 Comments:

Blogger Binulatti said...

Agreed!
Now George, Osama, let's stop using "they" words, and start using "I" words. Shall we practice?

"I feel ____ when I have to deal with _____".

Wed Oct 11, 01:01:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George: This post really opened my eyes. I can see that I'm just a passive-aggressive co-culprit. By fighting with you when you do foolish things, I just enable your life script.

Osama: And that sends me into a shame spiral.

George: Exactly!

Osama: I'm feeling a lot of shame right now.

George: I'm hearing that you feel a lot of shame.

Osama: And I feel that you hear my shame.

George: I'm feeling annoyance and frustration, but also tolerance.

Osama: I feel validated by that.

George: Good! I'm glad we had this talk.

[shameless stolen from The Simpsons]

Thu Oct 12, 12:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger pbrchicken said...

Well, all psychology aside, I think that George's emotional baggage may be an actuary that's blocking meaningful resonance with these ideas, in congruence of avoidance with the perceived self-actualization with Osama's new paradigm of submodal metamodeled meaningful relationship with his subconscious amimus that materializes itself with remote and externalized fanaticism, not to mention hiding in caves and eating Oscar Meier weiners.

But then again, sometimes they are only Oscar Meier weiners.

Mon Oct 16, 02:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home